Property valuation guidelines
This guidance is for owners and occupiers who will be meeting our agents at a property
- Prior to the appointment we will contact you to ensure that there have been no changes to anyone’s health status that would mean that we cannot proceed with the appointment.
- Only members of the same household can attend the appointment with our agent so if necessary any other people will be required to leave the property during the visit. The number of people in the property must not exceed applicable Government guidelines except under exceptional circumstances
- Social distancing rules MUST be observed at all times. Please consider whether younger children and pets should leave the property during the appointment
- If social distancing is difficult then the agent should be left alone in the property.
- Estate & letting agents and occupiers should wear a suitable face covering as described in government guidance unless they are exempt from this requirement.
- All lights should be switched on and doors opened and commonly touched surfaces must be cleaned in advance and after the appointment using domestic cleaning agents
- Any discussions should be held outside ideally or in a well ventilated space but we will expect to hold detailed discussions on the phone of by video call
- All brochures and paperwork will be provided electronically and on paper if you prefer
- Be aware that our agents may be dressed in smart-casual clothing which allows for regular laundering and hygiene control
- Please do not be offended if our agents refuse to shake hands or does not accept any refreshments
- Please advise us if there are any personal restrictions that will make adherence to the Government Covid-19 guidelines challenging
- If the agent suffers any injury or illness you must contact the relevant branch office and seek further guidance. If the incident is an emergency please call 999
- If you require a copy of the Covid Secure risk assessment we have completed please contact the branch